From Wowwiki: High King Maulgar is the lord of the ogres of the Blade’s Edge Mountains of Outland, ruling from within Gruul’s Lair. His council consists of Kiggler the Crazed, Blindeye the Seer, Olm the Summoner and Krosh Firehand.
I wonder if HKM got the message that Tatia is now queen of the ogres?
HKM stands with 4 of his cronies. Mage, Shaman, Priest, Warlock. Check out wowwiki for the breakdown. The only difference between wowwiki’s method and the method we used is that we tanked Maulgar by the instance gate and the Shaman was tanked by the gate to Gruul’s (switched around from what wowwiki suggested).
In the video, I’m healing the four hunters who are taking out the Shaman. Last time I was one of two healers on Talyanna, the mage tank.
– Fiancee kvetched that being changed into a bunny negatively impacted his DPS (putting him at #10 on the WWS list for the HKM Death). I think he was cute 🙂 (Though.. bunnies that bleat like sheep are just -wrong-)
– Healing four “tanking” hunters was -much- easier than healing one mage tank. If you watch the video, I don’t think my mana ever dipped below half. In fact for most of the fight I was above 75%.
– Initially I thought that I would have liked to be grouped with the hunters so they could get the additional 1% to hit and a pally aura.. but really I don’t have a useful aura for this occasion. (The Shaman’s casting arcane and nature spells. I don’t have a resistance aura for that. More armor isn’t useful since no one’s taking physical damage. Concentration aura.. eeh, still not very helpful.) The + to hit might have been worth it though.
– Killing Krosh Firehand (Mage) turned into a race. Can we kill you faster than you kill off our DPSers? Luckily we had more DPS than he did. But for a couple of seconds there the DPSers were dropping like flies.
– At the very end when fighting Maulgar I felt kind of useless as a healer (if you watch the video you can see me mousing all over grid but not actually casting any heals as everyone I “pick” is healed before I can start casting). Other healers were picking up all the heals and I didn’t feel comfortable meleeing him.. so eventually I ended up throwing hammers. Since I know a couple of the other healers were totally out of mana I guess I should have more clearly communicated that I was available to heal.. BUT I was frapsing the fight.. when I fraps my mic doesn’t work. So I wasn’t able to say “Hey, Tatia has plenty of mana, who should I concentrate healing on?”. Next time I’ll have fiancee communicate this for me.
– WWS shows me at 18% overheal. I’m comfortable there. It also shows some of the other healers at 56% overheal. I understand why.. but I’m glad it’s not me.
So.. we killed him.. but it was messy. We’ll do better next time.