This morning, while doing dailies with fiancee’s hunter we squabbled over who would get to pick the flowers. There’s only about 4 mana thistle on the whole Isle..and having two herbalists grouped together means that we’re snarky back and forth about whose turn it is this time. I was on my Holy Paladin, Tatia, who’s a 375 herbalist/enchanter.
This reminded me that I’ve been thinking about Alchemy. Now having worked enchanting up to 375 there’s -no way- I’ll drop it.. but I am tempted to drop herbalism and take up alchemy.
– Lilac, my Warlock, is a Herbalist/Tailor. So I’d still have a herbing toon. If Lilac’s my only herber then I wouldn’t feel terribly guilty if she’s the only one getting a speedy flying mount (frankly, considering the amount of time it’s taking me to get 5k gold I doubt I’ll have time to do it twice before WotLK comes out).
– West Kingdom doesn’t have a potion spec’d alchemist who logs in daily (Ireena logs in about once-twice a week). I really like to be able to turn all my herbs over to a potion spec alchemist to get all my pots made. It’s just more efficient.
– My Banker toon has a tab full of herbs.. but I’ve just been socking them away instead of making them into something.
– Through Alchemy Tatia could get one of the best healing trinkets in the game the [item]Redeemers Alchemist Stone[/item]. Currently she’s using the [item]Lower City Prayerbook[/item] and the [item]Ribbon of Sacrifice[/item]. I’m pretty sure the stone is better than both of them.
– I’d need to get/buy all the low level stuff to level it up.