I am tremendously flattered to have received the “Honest Scrap” award. I was tagged by Llanion at Mad Cow Chronicles, Fulguralis at Killing ’em Slowly, Dreaming at A Touch of Arcane and Stop of The Stoppable Force. I’m sure it would have been fewer people.. but I’ve been busy since the first tag happened and haven’t been able to “pass it on” as it were.
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul(s) who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Passing it on
I’m going to pass on tagging people. I -do- think there are plenty of blogs who are fantastic.. but I hate to be compelled. If you’re reading this.. and you want to be, consider yourself tagged.
Ten Honest Things
- I hate memes. Mostly its because the results of the meme don’t really mean anything to the audience. Ie, you read my blog, I assume you’re here for warlockery or wow stuff. Do you really need to know about how many pets I own? Or how I own a house near San Francsico? In -this- case.. (and a few other notable exceptions) I can -kind- of justify it if I can keep the meme on topic. You’ll -never- find me posting about “what greek god/goddess are you” or “Find out your mental age”. Just no.
- I immensely dislike change. I’ve worked at the same company for the last 8 years. I’ve been in the same guild for the entire time I’ve played WoW. My hair style is the same hair style I had 7 years ago.
- When change does happen.. I tend to do it big and do it all at once. The last time I changed jobs.. I moved out-of-state.. to a state where I didn’t know anyone.. to a job where I didn’t know anyone. (notable exception, you can’t “all-at-once” go from short hair to long hair).
- I can’t multi-task to save my life. I’m either listening or reading or doing. Attempting 2/3 is a recipe for fail.
- I started theorycrafting because I couldn’t find the info I was looking for.. and because I hoped if I posted it here someone would comment and tell me how wrong I got it. Seriously.. I’m making this crap up and basing it on what I know.. and I don’t know much. So I’d -love- to be proved wrong.
- Honestly, I hate math.
- Once upon a time.. a long long time ago.. I thought I might grow up to be an artist. Then I realized that art doesn’t pay as well as computer programming (and I was too conventional to be a -really- good artist). So I decided to program computers instead.
- I’ve just discovered twitter.. and I think it’s addictive (Nibuca) I secretly want to start a twitter called “EvilCheck” but I don’t want to steal it from Hydra.
- I think deep down I -am- a smidge evil. On Monday.. at work.. in an elevator.. the doors are closing. In the hallway leading to the elevator I see two skinny chicks in ridiculous-why-did-you-wear-those-to-work-you-hussy heels with their lattes. I blocked the elevator door just long enough so they could notice that the elevator was being held for them.. and then run (in their heels.. with their lattes) to try and catch the held elevator before the door closed. They almost made it to. I was laughing hysterically on the inside. Then I wondered if I needed a RL EvilCheck.
- #supersecretproject makes a perfect April Fools joke.. and yet no one will hear about it until the middle of next week.