We’re muddling our way through Ulduar. In the past few days I’ve seen the following bits of information that struck me. I wanted to note them here so I wouldn’t lose track of them.
Gnometastic had an interesting post about Flame Leviathan.
Take away points:
– if you’re not a Demolishion Driver, your DPS is crap. Shoot down the Pyrite, keep oil on fire, and interrupt the flame vents.
– If you are a Demolishion Driver, keep rolling pyrite on him.
I think that we’re spending too much time trying to do vanilla DPS on the boss and not enough time shooting down pyrite and keeping rolling pyrite on him.
ATM we’re at FL+2. We’re leaving up the Frost and Storm towers. Essentially we just need to avoid the white columns.
I think the next one we should leave up would be Fire. I believe that adds a “flame wall” that would need to be avoided.
Engy of The Elitist Podcast posted this video of a Hard-mode XT-002 kill his guild did.
Things to note:
– I do think the video messes up and tanks XT in the wrong place. With our current tanking scheme we get 1/2 as many adds and have twice as long to spot them /stop them. Since we’re not doing hard-mode yet.. we may want to stick with our placement. That said, we may want to incorporate a few of the things they do (noted below)
– The raid stacks up and the lightbomb/shadowbomb afflicted individuals run away from the group. Others that I checked with say this makes it very easy to AOE heal the raid.
– Note in the video, light bomb folks go left and shadow bomb folks go right.
– Because it’s hard-mode the light bombed folks drop a spark which has to be tanked and dps(spark has 800dps aoe). Because the lightbombed guy always goes left the spark tank knows exactly where the spark will be when it’s dropped. The spark tank picks up the spark and keeps it within range of the dps group who kills it off fast.
– Because it’s hard-mode the shadow bombed folks drop a black circle of death which everyone has to stay out of. This leaves an easy line of black circles that’s easy for everyone to stay out of.
(note: creator of the video notes that they tank him in the middle of the room so that the raid has “room to move for the bombs” and that after you break the heart he heals up to 100% anyway. AND because you’ve broken the heart you don’t get any more adds.)