Dungeon Finder Sneaky Tips
Dungeon Finder wins most favorite update of 3.3.
- If you join a dungeon via the Dungeon Finder and click on the green eyeball (located on/near your minimap) you’ll be offered the choice to teleport out of the instance (back to where you were when you started). (repair, buy reagents, etc) Once there, you can click on the green eyeball to teleport back into the dungeon.
- If you have a full group who wants to do a specific 5-man (ie one of the new ones) you can group together and then use the Dungeon Finder to queue up for just that instance. This allows you to teleport straight there (and out).
- Frozen Orbs are nearly worthless. If it’s going to bother you to “lose to a need-ninja” then announce that everyone should “Need on the frozen orb” early in the run/before looting.
- If something is an upgrade, even for your offset, Need on it. Otherwise there’s a high chance it’ll be DEd
- Tanks are in short supply.. and tank Divas abound. Grin and bear it.
- Your queue will pop faster if you’re grouped with a tank.
- If you queue as tank/dps or heal/dps you will never get to dps.
Achievements since 3.3 dropped:
Lilac: Northrend Dungeon Hero, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Heroic: The Pit of Saron, Don’t Look Up, Looking For More, Heroic: The Forge of Souls, The Halls of Reflection, The Pit of Saron, The Forge of Souls, She Deep Breaths More (10 player)
Tatia: Northrend Dungeonmaster, Looking For More, Trial of the Champion, The Oculus, Heroic: Ahn’kahet: The Old Kingdom, Heroic: Trial of the Champion, Heroic: The Oculus, (and a whole bunch of Ulduar Hard Modes when I got invited to heal for a Ulduar run by Adrenaline)
Footnote: A lot of sites are reporting that tools like Recount don’t work cross-server. So you will only see the DPS of people who stay withing 5-10 yards of you. This may explain the plethora of “OMG THAT ROGUE IS DOING 900 DPS” Or not. Dunno.
And, for a similar reason, you can’t whisper people x-server.