Anthony’s coming on Friday morning to take measurements for our design. My number one goal is the bathroom remodel.
As part of the pest report we were given $2000 to fix the bathroom floor. The toilet has leaked for a while and has caused wood rot. Rather than actually fix this, Mr. O put down new tile. So now we have to pull up the tile and fix the underlayment.
Since we were in there anyway we decided to go through with the rest of the changes at the same time.
Here’s the bathroom layout now:
Marc says he can’t stand in front of the toilet and pee into the toilet. The bathroom is the most awkward room in the house so it’s highest on the list of things to fix.
Here’s the new plan
– change bedroom closet into smaller linen closet with door into hallway instead of into bedroom
– move vanity/light/medicine cabinet into now-empty space (possibly also get bigger vanity, new light fixture and new tub hardware)
– replace bathroom galvanized pipes with copper pipes
– reseat toilet with functional wax ring
– retile bathroom floor with smaller white tiles (still looking for perfect pattern)
– retile bathtub with decent tiles (yet another project Mr. O tackled that he should have left alone… the tub looks like it was tiled in the dark by a monkey who caulked with mold. Don’t get me started about what kind of nitwit puts a wood frame around a window in a shower. It’s official we hates Mr. O)
– Add exhaust fan/light combo over tub with a twist timer
All-in-all I think this will make our bathroom much better. We’re losing a closet.. but gaining a functional bathroom. The current plan is to add a free-standing armoire to the bedroom. Not optimal.. but probably what we can afford.
BTB: anyone know why I’m not getting any excerpt text at houseblogs.net feed? I’m not terribly worried about it.. but it does seem to be missing.