I bought some [item]Sanguine Hibiscus[/item] on AH and the turn in brought me most of the way through Friendly with Sporeggar. Since I only needed to get to Honored it made sense to spend a little while killing nagas. Two trips through the Bloodscale village saw me into Honored.
– Grouping with people makes kill quests go faster. Regardless of how dysfunctional the group.
– When the group invite comes from one of the level 61 toons whose butt you just saved, think carefully.
– When the hunter in your newfound group immediately runs off and aggros 7 mobs. LET HER DIE. Do not charge in and save the day.
– When you do charge in and save the day, do not expect the shadow priest to shift out of shadow form and heal you. Shadow priest is for DPS. Haels are for weenies.
– When you do finally kill the last of the 7 mobs.. and sit down to eat/drink you should OBVIOUSLY expect your newfound hunter groupie to IMMEDIATELY aggro 5 more mobs. It’s the way of the hunter.
– When you finish your quest.. and drop out of the group, do not be surprised when you later see the hunter remark on the 1. General channel “Am I the only one who likes questing while under the influence?” It was only to be expected.
– Be sure to add hunter’s name to “people I never want to group with again”.
Anyway, managed to get honored.. and buy the shield (15 mushrooms for a kick-butt shield.. seems fair to me). Then a guildie logged in with his Blacksmith and I hit him up for a shield spike (I’ve had the mats in the mailbox for a while).
[item]Petrified Lichen Guard [/item] + shied spike ! I’m giddy at the thought of trying it out. Unfortunately my hearthstone was on cooldown (and I didn’t feel like running for the dark portal) so I logged off Tatia to go play Ette.